Art & Cultural Attractions Live Here
San Francisco is a cultural mecca of art, history and trends, and it also serves as a world stage for international students and progressive thinkers. This makes our area a melting pot of art and cultural attractions that include museums that are large in scope and in number. From Asian to aviation and fine art to folk art, you’ll find a topic that peaks your intellectual interest. Then, you can take in the fascinating sights and knowledge our area museums have to offer.
Museum of Note: Asian Art Museum
As one of the largest museums in the western world devoted exclusively to eastern art, the San Francisco Asian Art Museum appeals to a diverse global audience—those who seek to discover the unique material, aesthetic and intellectual achievements of Eastern art and culture.
With its interpretive displays and programs, the museum houses nearly 2,500 objects from the world-renowned collection, offering you a comprehensive introduction to all the major cultures. The objects are displayed beautifully and dramatically as a result of close collaboration between museum directors and award-winning gallery designers.
- San Francisco Airport Museum, 3 miles
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art, 9 miles
- The Randall Museum, 9 miles
- Coyote Point Museum, 9 miles
- Museum of Modern Art, 11 miles
- The Museum of the African Diaspora, 11 miles
- The Asian Art Museum, 11 miles
- The Museum of the city of San Francisco, 11 miles
- The Beat Museum, 13 miles
- The Exploratorium, 13 miles
- The Musée Mécanique , 13 miles
- Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, 14 miles
- The California Academy of Sciences, 14 miles
- The Cartoon Art Museum, 14 miles
- The de Young Museum, 14 miles
- The Legion of Honor, 15 miles